Updated : 03/10/2018
HCL OneTest Performance offers the service testing capabilities where in you can record a service test by invoking a series of calls with the Generic Service Client.
With this generic service client, you can execute Rest API service.
The following steps would help you get a successful response (Response Code:200) for the REST API URL which you would have.
1. Launch the HCL OneTest Performance
2. Click on "Generic Service Client"
3. Right click to create an "EndPoint" >> "Send a Query Request"
4. Configure the HTTP protocol and specify the URL configuration with Rest Mode selected as shown below. Add the parameters to Post Method and specify the header value.
5. Select “Invoke” to initiate the request and check the response and related response properties.
6. You can create a service test for which you want to perform user load testing and add datapool configurations, then click on the icon (arrowed in below snapshot) present just about the "Request History". This will create a service test.
7. When you select the POST request, you will see all those datapool candidates which you can action upon.
Senior Technical Lead
Kiran Byrappa is a Senior technical lead for Rational product suite from IBM, working with global team delivering L2 technical assistance and focused on application performance testing. He also contributes towards social blogging and assisting focal clients with required technical support and guidance. Kiran is part of HCL Technologies, Products and Platforms division, as part of IBM and HCL partnership to develop and support IBM Rational performance Suite.
HCL OneTest Performance is a trademark of IBM Corporation in at least one jurisdiction and is used under license.